Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Have a Dilemma

So, I have a dilemma.

Years ago, Grumpie gave me this beautiful antique coffee table.





I adore the curvature of this amazing piece of furniture.
It has such a romantic feel to it.
I know many would question the thought of a piece of furniture as being romantic,
but to me this table oozes with romance.

 I have finally decided to refinish it. 
I thought that I had my plan all set as to what I wanted to do with it.

My original plan was to paint a few coats of this beautiful blue, then cover the blue with white paint.
After painting, I wanted to distress it by sanding/scuffing it up a bit  around the edges, legs & top so that the blue would pop through.


But, after painting the table blue, I have kind of fallen in love with it just being this blue shade.





Here is my true dilemma...
do I leave the table this shade of blue
 & scuff it up
or
 do I go ahead
 & cover with white paint
then scuff it up
or
do I paint a couple coats of white then blue again so that the table remains blue on the top coat 
& pops of white show through once I scuff it? 


I am so unsure of what I should do?

I think I am going to have to leave the coffee table as is & ponder over it  for a few days.




If any of you have any suggestions, I would so love to hear them.


Man, I can't stand being so indecisive!!!


Onto something way cool...

the wee ones & I picked our first bounty of green beans from our garden yesterday!!





We had them for dinner last night & they were so very tasty!

I just love knowing where our food is coming from
&
that it is safe for my wee ones.




 Happy Saturday!

~Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment