Sunday, February 27, 2011

Checking off the To-Do List

 I had a very lengthy to do list that I wanted to accomplish over the weekend that I posted


Well...not everything was accomplished, not even half of my list was checked off.  But, considering that my 4-year old has been sick & barfing since Friday & my 8-month old only allowing me a few hours of sleep each night, I think, in hindsight, that I did my fair amount. 

Here is what I was able to successfully check off on my list ( the rest will still be there for me to check off later) :

#3 on my list
Whoopie Pies for "The Annual Men Only Ice Fishing Trip"





I made two different flavors:
a standard whoopie pie
&
a dark chocolate whoopie pie filled with a fluffy and lite peanut butter frosting then rolled into peanut butter chips
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

#7 on my list
Desserts for the Restaurants:



These magical ingredients helped to create these:






Dark chocolate stout cupcakes filled with an Irish whiskey ganache center and then topped with a salted caramel buttercream frosting!  AMAZING! 

I also made a flourless chocolate and vanilla marble cake but forgot to take a picture of.  {Big Sigh}
Rich and decadent...oh my.

In between the baking I was able to enforce some child labor...





Yet, another storm in the northeast.  Not so much a big shocker, really.  It is winter in Maine after all and "snow happens".  Just gives many "Mainers" (you know, the ones that have lived here their entire life or pretty much their entire life) something to complain and rant about like this kind of thing doesn't happen EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR! 




Oh, just so you know, I didn't actually force my 7-year old to shovel.  He is the one that asks me if it's okay to go out & shovel.  Given that in a couple of years he probably won't be doing any shoveling without heavy arguing and grumbling, I thought I would, just this one time, allow him to shovel to all his heart's content.   I know, "Mom of the Year" candidate, right?  :)


#5 on my list
Finish mom's very belated birthday gift(s)

Because I am afraid my really cool mom will be reading this post, I will not be showing you what I made for her until she receives it. 

#8 on my list
  Do a little housework

I did do some, even if only a minimal amount. 

All and all, I think I was pretty successful.  To top it all off, I was also able to get myself and my three wee ones out the door by 7:30am this morning for my son's last hockey practice for this season!  Yay for the last day of hockey season!! 
Woot! Woot!  No more hockey until next season!  Whoo hoo!
Am I sounding a bit too excited?  Well, that's because I am!!!!!!!! 
Hockey seems to go on & on & on & on.....
Love hockey, but good grief!


So, amongst all the chaos, the barfing, and some minor melt downs (me, being the one with the melt-downs) it was a pretty great weekend.




mmm button
PhotobucketTip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment