Thursday, June 30, 2011

Baby M's Very First Birthday Bash



Baby M celebrated her very 1st  birthday last week & we had her very 1st birthday bash this past weekend.

I am a bit poky about getting the shin dig posted.
A little birthday recovery effort has been going on over here.
Then add my home being invaded by neighborhood kids & well,
my time for me, myself, and I gets put on the back burner.



The birthday bash was incredibly laid back & very small compared to past birthday gatherings that have taken place for my other two wee ones.


The color scheme of the birthday was pink, white, and baby blue.

Here are some photos of Baby M's sweet little birthday party.





Her attire:

1. A birthday skirt purchased by an amazing friend, who also happens to be my next door neighbor.

2. I purchased a onsie and appliqued the number 1 to it.

3.  I made her a flower hair clippie.

4.  I, also, made Baby M a party hat  made out of fabric and embellished with a tulle pom pom, an appliqued number 1, and a silk flower.

She looked flippin' ADORABLE!!

And, of course, I wasn't able to get a great shot from my camera & I am waiting for a couple of others to send me their photos.





For party food, I kept it pretty simple.
I made lemon flavored cake balls,
rice crispy treat pops in the shape of hearts,
chocolate cupcakes filled with homemade caramel or a mini candy bar & topped with a vanilla/almond butter cream.
I also made Baby M her own chocolate smash cake with a vanilla/almond butter cream frosting.








I made a watermelon punch which just consisted of pureed watermelon with ginger ale & some sugar. 
It looked so pretty, & of course, I have no pic of it when added to the table!


Duh!

( I had the husband make the adults a grown up drink using the punch.   Yummy!) 


We also had some watermelon slices, grapes, blueberries, chips & salsa.
Things that the birthday girl loves to eat.

For decorations, I was very frugal & "decorating on a dime" would be an understatement.


I draped mosquito netting that my mom gave to me after her return from a trip to Vietnam along one corner of our  pergola. 
It was so billowy & lovely!

And free!

 I also made mounds of ruffled streamers & covered the "rafters", table & Baby M's highchair with them.

The cost for the ruffle streamer loveliness cost $2.00!

The streamers were so easy & fun to make!
I just took some plain old, boring streamers, set my bobbin tension to it's highest  on my sewing machine & then placed two different colored streamers together & started sewing.
Presto!


Ruffle loveliness.


It's like magic happening before your eyes!

I  made a balloon banner with the cost of maybe $3.00 (idea taken from here),
tissue paper flowers all of $1.00,
and displayed some fresh baby blue hydrangea flowers that were given to me by one of my son's sweetest friends who happens to be our next door neighbor as well.

A long while back, a friend of mine gave me oodles & oodles of white fabric.

Cost of fabric=FREE!

So, I dyed a large piece of fabric baby blue & made a tablecloth for the table.
The cost for the dye...almost $3.00

Total cost for decorating=a whopping $9.00









We all anticipated CAKE TIME!
Because she tends to shovel her food with both her hands during meal times
we thought, without a doubt, that she would go NUTS with her cake.

Guess what?

B-O-R-I-N-G

Nada!

No face plant into the cake.
No two handing cake into her mouth.
No throwing it all about.

NOTHING!

Oh well....
We did get some cute pics of her trying to figure out how to eat the darn thing.
















It was such a great little birthday party.
She had a blast & in the grand scheme of things, that is really all that matters.

Happy Thursday!

~Amy


I'll be linking up to some fab parties!

4 comments:

  1. Great looking cake and cupcakes! Your photos are adorable. New follower from the friday blog hop, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi following u from friday blog hop, very cute pictures, kindly take a look:
    http://www.soniakathuria2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome party Amy! adorable photos!
    You've been featured on Inspire Me Fridays!
    Thanks so much for playing along!
    ... Joyful Stamper: Inspire Me Fridays 14 - Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete